enter image description here

I take imported a MIDI file into Fruity Loops. It sounds fine and then far, but now I desire to modify the instruments before I export it to ogg.

But whenever I alter an instrument, FL is changing information technology back to the default when I printing the stop button when I alter it during play or when I press play when I changed it while the vocal was stopped. How can I change the instrument for my recording?

JoshP

one,760 1 gold badge 18 silverish badges 31 bronze badges

asked Jul 28, 2013 at 17:27

3 Answers three

How to alter the midi command to change patches on the fly:

  • Open the design in the piano coil.

  • Choose "Target Control" from the piano roll options menu.

  • Choose the 1 that says "Instrument in question - Patch number".

  • Utilise the delete tool to select the consequence[s] and delete it.

You can also access patch number and other controls from the drop-down carte on the summit of the piano ringlet window. Past default information technology volition have "velocity" called.

answered Dec 7, 2013 at 19:34

  1. Y'all tin can drag another instrument from the hierarchy right on to the track
  2. You tin right-click on the rails eg. [Channel #1], and in that location is an option to supervene upon the channel
  3. You can create a new channel with the synth yous want and copy the piano-roll

--- unless y'all are just wanting to change information technology to a new instrument in the midi-player... in that case, examine the pianoforte roll to brand sure you lot don't accept a change patch command at the start of the track. If you lot do, y'all'll need to remove it.

answered Jul 29, 2013 at 12:06

2

  • How would I recognize that change patch command? I examined all piano rolls and I only see notes there. Btw, it get's changed the moment I press the "end" button when information technology plays and when I showtime information technology when I inverse information technology while the vocal was not played.

    NoneOfYourBusiness

    Jul 29, 2013 at 18:30

  • I can't remember off hand how to do information technology in FL. Endeavor elevate-selecting and copying the pianoforte roll to a new midi-out channel and mute that channel (by clicking the little green circumvolve to the left of the channel). I wouldn't employ CNTRL-A to select all though, you might still pick upwardly that message.

    Don Nickel

    Jul 29, 2013 at 18:49

Putting this here for my own use.

Sometimes when the instrument doesn't want to exist replaced, right click context menu > replace > (none).

Then drag an musical instrument over it like you usually would.

answered Jun 24, 2020 at 18:40